The Magnificent Smile
500 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 520,
Chicago, IL 60611
OFFICE RE-OPENING FOR ROUTINE CARE
We're happy to announce that The Magnificent Smile will reopen to treat all our patients on Monday, May 18, 2020.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and our team safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to protect you and our dental team.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to complete a COVID 19 screening form. Please complete this form 1-2 days prior to your appointment. If you develop symptoms after completing this form, please call our office to reschedule your appointment. https://forms.patientconnect36...
- No extraneous individuals will be allowed in the office. Only the patient and (if necessary) the parent or caretaker are to enter the office.
- Requirement: We ask that you wear a face mask at all times in our office except during dental treatment. Our team will as well.
- We have hand sanitizer that we ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Your temperature will be taken prior to the start of your treatment. Our team will have their temperature taken daily upon arrival to the office.
- You will be asked to rinse with 1% Hydrogen Peroxide prior to treatment.
- We have a Medical Grade HEPA Filtration system in each room.
- Our dental team will look very different with all their PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) gear on, but we promise we are still the same under the hazmat suit and will be providing the same personal care to your dental treatment like we always have.
- As you can imagine the cost of keeping you and our team safe during these unprecedented times is significant. To control some of the cost and provide you with the utmost safe environment we will be applying a $8 PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) charge to your appointment.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that your appointment may need to be rescheduled to allow for more time between patients and you may be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We ask that you arrive on time to your appointment and we really appreciate at least 24 hour notice of any cancellation so that we can manage the schedule to keep you safe.
We will be contacting patients that had appointments while we were closed to reschedule your appointment. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
To make an appointment, please call our office at 312-337-4424 or you can do so on our website. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back! Thank you for your support during this difficult time and we can't wait to see your smile!
We are proud to offer you the very best in cosmetic and family dentistry. Dr. William J. Frericks, Dr. Ingrid J. Schwarz, Dr. Irina V. Ganzman and their friendly staff will provide you and your family with the professional care and personal attention you deserve.
The Magnificent Smile has a proud tradition of providing quality dental care since 1957 when Dr. Joseph J. Schwarz started his solo practice. Although we have changed over the years, our practice is still based on his values of quality and treating people like family. We strive to exceed patient expectations in both dentistry and customer service. We are proud to have longstanding staff members that provide a team approach to your care. We respect our patient's time and do our best to stay on schedule. We believe your oral health affects and reflects the body's general health and we strive to keep our patients healthy. We spend time with our patients to explain procedures, review treatment options, and answer all questions. We think "Dr. Joe" started something special and we endeavor to continue that path of excellence.
We invite you to explore our website to learn about our practice, our services and our team members. We look forward to seeing you soon!
We are conveniently located on Michigan Avenue across from the Tribune Tower in Chicago, Illinois.